Learning Plan 7-Conflict



Describe a time when you decided to express your feelings in a conflict.

As a parent, there are conflicts that come up all the time while raising children. Our family has conflicts about various things. One scenario was with my daughters cell phone usage. I had given her clear instructions on the amount of time she could spend on it. When the time came to put the cell phone away, she grew rather upset and refused.

Why did you decide to speak up?
I decided to speak up because it was a rule that we made for our children. And, I need to follow up  on the rules and expectations. 

What were the results?
Our daughter ended up having the cell phone taken away for the next day because she did not follow the rule and lost her temper.

Were you able to resolve the conflict? If so, how?
Yes, after she had calmed down we had a discussion about the cell phone rules. She was able to share her feelings that having her phone taken away bothers her because she cannot communicate with her friends. I was able to share that we set guidelines and rules for specific reasons. There is also an element of respect in the house for parents. So, then after we discussed our feelings more we were able to come to a compromise that both of us could live with. So, I feel we used constructive conflict because we expressed our disagreement in a calm manner that respects each other and our thoughts.


Identify any obstacles that stood in the way of resolving the conflict for both parties.

Initially, I feel it was high emotions. My daughter was rather upset because a possession of hers was taken away. I was feeling a bit disrespected because she did not follow the rule.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to inventor Walter Diemer

Who Are You?